Moving is a big decision, and you want to go into it feeling confident and knowledgeable. Thankfully, you don’t have to feel like you’re jumping in blind. Here you have an ultimate guide towards knowing what to look for and where to stand in order to find a home in Eden, Utah that you will love. This guide is ever-expanding so that you can constantly have the most relevant information available. Once you read the Guide you can then find the perfect Eden Realtor at Destination Properties.
What Makes Eden So Incredible?
If you want to be close enough to a city to enjoy civilization, but not too close that you sacrifice elbow room, then you would love Eden, Utah. This hidden gem offers the best of both worlds – a nearness to the exciting experiences that you can only find in modern cities, with the
space and homegrown feeling that comes exclusively with living in the rural county.
Eden is as beautiful as it is spacious, with rolling valleys that are green in the spring and summer, trees that turn amazing shades of orange and yellow in the fall, and mountain peaks that become snow-capped in the winter.
Join the Fun
In addition to being scenic, you’ll also have a wide array of fun activities and exciting adventures to choose from:
- Eden is within easy reach of 3 world-renowned ski resorts (Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, and Nordic Valley) and living there puts you in a perfect position to hit the slopes first, meaning more time to hone your skills without feeling jostled
- Get out in nature and fill your lungs with fresh air, improving your physical, mental, and emotional health. During the summer, you can witness the Ogden Valley from a whole new perspective by hiking, biking, and horseback riding along well-kept mountain trails.
- Feel the sun and the surf at Pineview Reservoir. Feel the wind in your hair as you take a boat for a spin, feel the enjoyment of water sports, or throw out a line with some great fishing. Whether you’re looking to get adrenaline pumping or bring the heart rate down a little, you’ll find the activity for you at Pineview
You can take advantage of those opportunities every day, if you want to, by living there. If you’re looking for homes for sale in Eden, then here is the guide to help you find it.
Organize Your Finances
Going into home buying knowing that you are financially prepared will remove an incredible amount of stress. Speaking with a financial advisor can help you get a better understanding and idea of how you should manage your savings and finances in order to give yourself a more organized system. Doing so can improve your credit score, and even increases your chances of obtaining loans and giving yourself breathing room through savings.
Credit scores are taken into consideration when seeking to obtain a loan. Having a score of at least 620 is recommended for getting a conventional loan.
You can improve your credit score by paying off major debts. Meeting with a financial advisor will help you know how to accomplish that wisely.
Start saving up early on for a down payment, which can generally range anywhere from 5% to 30% of the property price.
Having your finances in order will only serve to make you feel more confident when going into home buying, by giving yourself greater control of the process and getting greater spending elbow room.
Renting Vs. Buying
Before you start hunting for Eden real estate, have you considered renting? Both options come with their advantages and drawbacks. Deciding which route you would like to follow will make a difference on what houses you might find and where you might find them.
Perks Of Renting
- Flexibility: Renting gives you the opportunity to move more frequently if you want or need to. If you’re wanting to downsize to a more minimalistic and affordable place to live or are looking for somewhere to live while saving for a home, then renting is a very real option.
- Fewer costs: Outside of rent and an advance security deposit, renting generally presents fewer upfront costs. Down payments and closing costs take the backseat, unless you’re saving to buy a home. Renting also means you don’t have to worry about real estate taxes, which means you can put aside more money for future goals and savings.
- Less responsibility: Maintenance falls under the responsibility of the landlord. When some sort of trouble occurs, the landlord will be the one in charge of finding someone to oversee repairs. This gives you more time, less worry, and generally more money to focus on other things.
Perks Of Buying
- Much more freedom: Who doesn’t want more freedom? When owning your own house, you can make whatever changes you want without seeking the approval of a landlord, particularly remodels and renovations. Having that freedom is a great way to feel more comfortable and more ready to call the place your own
- A chance for investment: Whereas in renting, you do not gain equity for your money, owning a home gives the opportunity to profit off of your investment. Real estate generally goes up in value as time goes on, giving you control over an asset that increases in equity.
- A more stable mortgage: When buying, your payments are more inclined to be stable and predictable as opposed to rent, which can rise anytime depending on market conditions. Consistently paying for your mortgage on time can also raise your credit score, making future loans easier to receive.
- Certainty and security: Renting can come with the uncertainty of your landlord suddenly deciding to sell your home, meaning you’ll have only a short time to pack up and find somewhere new to live. When you buy your home, you can have the peace-of-mind of knowing that you can be there as long as you are able.
When it comes down to it, home buying provides the certainty and stability of settling down and planting your stakes. This feeling of security should give you an assurance that you can really start getting to work on your longer-term dreams and products, knowing that you won’t have to worry about packing up and moving because your landlord might decide to sell at any given moment.
Whether It’s A New Construction Or A Well-Established Home, You Should Do A Home Inspection
You are always within your bounds as a home buyer to ask that a home inspection has been done, if it hasn’t already. As a potential future owner, you deserve to know what the house has to offer as well as if there’s anything that might need to be fixed. This is true, even and especially of newly constructed homes.
Why Is A Home Inspection So Important?
Home inspections offer you security. Having one performed is not just a great way to know what you’re getting into, it’s recommended for the safety of you and your family. In doing so, you can have a definitive list of whether everything in your potential home is up-to-date and working exactly as it should.
Why Should A Newly Built Home Have One?
Even though a newly constructed home has not gone through the general wear and tear and a previously lived-in one, it can present its own set of challenges that could be caught and fixed by a home inspection, such as:
- Structural defects
- Plumbing problems
- Windows not properly sealed
- Improperly installed heaters and air conditioning
- Problems with electricity or wiring
Having a home inspection done will usually catch these problems before they even have a chance to become problems, that way you don’t have to deal with the expenses of having those things repaired. In fact, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) recommends two or three inspections for a new construction home.
The Right Eden Realtor Boosts You Higher
If you want to find the home that meets every box on your checklist, you need to find an agent that does the same. Searching for the latter will significantly raise your chances of obtaining the former. But what should be on that real estate agent checklist?
Someone Who Knows The Area
Finding an agent who is familiar with the area you’d like to move into will heighten your chances of finding the best homes in the best neighborhoods. When looking for a home in Eden, you should have a realtor that knows Eden inside and out.
Experience And Expertise
In the case of real estate agents, there’s no losing with added experience. Some skills, like a trained eye for detail and a knack for negotiation can only get better on the job.
You can take a deep breath with the knowledge that they come equipped with the knowledge and talent to find the best home for you.
Takes Initiative Based On Your Needs
A great agent will make your priorities their priorities, and you’ll see that by the way they are proactive in helping you achieve your goals. Agents who go above and beyond the call of duty will help you feel guided and in the loop all along the way, all the while trying to get you the best deals in the best neighborhoods according to your wants and needs.
Listening And Communication
The ideal agent will strive to understand you and what you’re looking for. They will take the time to hear your concerns and address them, to make the home buying process as stress-free as possible. Your expectations should matter. After all, it is your home that is being searched for.
Communication makes things so much easier. You should always know what is going on in this process and shouldn’t struggle to get a straight answer. A great real estate agent will put in the effort to keep you in the know. You should have your questions answered so that you can feel confident that you’re on the track to a home you’ll love.
Hire an agent who is in good standing with the communities where they operate. Browse testimonials and reviews of your potential real estate agents to see what past clients have said about them and whether they were happy with the experience.
A great real estate agent will act as your guide in the home buying process, not only helping you to navigate the market, but also helping you feel capable and confident as you enter each potential home.
Destination Properties Are Your Eden Real Estate Experts
The home buying process is a large one, and can get confusing and even a little intimidating. Feelings of unpreparedness can lead to doubts over whether you’re getting the best possible deal. You deserve to lay your head comfortably in a great home without losing sleep over feelings that you were taken advantage of.
That’s where Destination Properties comes in. Finding the best home for you is our priority. Our real estate agents come prepared
with over 25 years of experience and they put that all towards keeping you up to date, confident, and prepared while searching for a home you’ll love.
If you’re looking for premier property in Eden, Utah, then here’s how to find it: Browse our selection of Eden homes to find one that catches your eye. If you have specific ideas about what you’re looking for, feel free to use our advanced search to narrow down your search. You can always contact us if you have any questions.
You deserve to feel prepared and capable when looking for a place to live, and we want to help you get there. Step into your dream home with Destination Properties.